In advance of the June 14 primary, Carolina Gateway is posting its editorial policy regarding candidate columns and letters of support for candidates.
Columns written by candidates will be accepted using the following guidelines:
• Up to 500 words
• The editor reserves the right to edit for libel, style, taste and brevity.
• Columns are limited to one per month in Carolina Gateway. Exceptions will be made for rebuttals to letters or columns criticizing the candidate.
• Final columns will run two weeks prior to election (June 1) on carolinagatewayonline.com.
Letters of support for any candidate will be accepted using the following guidelines:
• No form letters allowed.
• Letters must be submitted by the writer and not the candidate.
• Letters must be signed and include address and phone number for verification.
• Only non-controversial political support letters will be published in the last edition of Carolina Gateway prior to the election (June 8).
Send columns or letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.